A dining table is more than just a piece of furniture. It is behind him that cozy gatherings with the whole family take place, for him you are going to the main holidays with a noisy company or arrange a romantic dinner with your soulmate. Therefore, it is important to choose a model that will perfectly match your lifestyle, fit perfectly into the room, and will delight from an aesthetic and functional point of view.
A dining table is one of the most important pieces of furniture you choose for your home.
At the table you will gather with family and friends for an evening dinner or on holidays and special occasions. Perhaps the children will do their homework for him, and sometimes he can even become your temporary office if you work from home. Regardless of individual preferences, there are several basic criteria for choosing a dining table. If you don’t want to replace your desk after a while, choose a timeless style. A geometric style table with brass legs may be in style now, but in just a few years it will look outdated.
Some key features to consider when choosing a dining table are:
1. The size of the table,
The table should be such that the whole family can comfortably seated behind it, but at the same time there is still free space in the kitchen itself.
Tables can be roughly divided into three groups:
- Small tables allow you to accommodate up to four people. Round and square model are especially suitable for limited space room.
- Medium tables for up to 6 seats.
- Large tables - 8 or more seats. Usually used in houses or apartments where is a separate dining room
2. Which form of table you prefer,
- Circle table - a compact and convenient shape that does not involve the placement of too many guests.
- Square table - also suitable for small spaces. Such a table can always be placed in a corner to save space, and, if necessary, moved to the center of the room and seat all guests behind it.
- Rectangle table - perhaps the most popular table shape, which is ideal for a large company.
- The oval table in its functional features is like a rectangle, but due to the lack of corners, if necessary, guests can be placed closer to each other and seat more people at the table.
3. Which material you prefer.
The most used material. The ideal choice for those who appreciate reliability, durability, and environmental friendliness. Dining tables made of wood are easy to care for, and thanks to a wide selection of colors and designs, you can easily find a model for an interior in any style: from classic to modern. With proper care, wooden dining tables will last for many years.
A glass dining table is a great solution for small rooms, as it looks light and weightless, and the reflections, glare and play of light on the glass surface will visually make the room more spacious.
Noble appearance, interesting texture - marble dining tables always arouse admiration. Marble does not require special care, is easy to clean, resistant to damage, temperature and pollution.
An artificial material that is practically not inferior to marble both in terms of external data and operational characteristics. Reliable, easy to maintain and durable. In addition, a tabletop of any shape can be made from acrylic stone.
The most practical material: does not let moisture through, easy to clean, does not absorb odors. Such models perfectly complement the interiors in a modern style.
The dining table is the real center of the kitchen or dining room, where all households gather and where guests are received. This place should be cozy and comfortable, practical, and durable, match the room in style and size, accommodate all family members and guests.